Without volunteers Verzió wouldn’t be a vibrant festival. Volunteers’ work is crucial from the first year of Verzió. They help with preparations and the smooth execution of all the – online and in-person – programs. Our diverse team shares similar values: respect for human rights and love for documentary cinema. Many volunteers return year after year, forming a year-round community around Verzió. Do you want to join us? Meet filmmakers and learn about the hottest social documentaries at first hand.
We’re looking for volunteers to assist mainly with:
- Location management: as a host give information to visitors, collect votes for the Audience and Student Awards, introduce the films and guests before the screenings, assist accompanying programs.
- Promotion and communication: distribution of brochures and posters in cultural and community spaces and promoting the program in other creative ways.
- Student Verzió promotion: spread the call among high schools in Budapest (October)
- Guest services: meet the filmmakers and other guests and help their orientation throughout their visit.
- general interest in human rights and doc films
- at least intermediate/conversational English knowledge
- commitment & availability: 15–20 hours during the festival week (min 4–5-hour shift per day) and participation at the orientation meeting (to take place on October 20, 2022)
Between shifts, you can watch films, make new friends and enjoy the Festival!
Volunteers will receive full accreditation to the Festival.
More info: Dina Tarjan, email@example.com