Directors, producers, and distributors are invited to submit their documentary films to the 17th Verzió International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival, which will take place in Budapest (Hungary), 10–15 November 2020.
Verzió, the most established documentary film festival in Hungary, engages the audience with the most pressing issues of the day while promoting visual literacy and critical thinking. The 2020 edition will be comprised of three competition categories, non-competition thematic sections, and will be accompanied by a number of industry events. Verzió builds on the power of the documentary medium to promote a new sense of shared responsibility. It also increases the circulation of creative ideas within the documentary film community and reaches out to a broad audience.
Submit your film to one of the following categories through the linked application forms:
- showcasing a variety of outstanding creative documentaries on urgent human rights issues
STUDENT & DEBUT COMPETITON
- a selection of the best debut & diploma films addressing human rights issues
- a selection of recent creative documentaries produced or co-produced in Hungary
All categories are awarded with a monetary prize.
- No entry fee for applications.
- There is no restriction on the production date.
- Re-submission of previously submitted films will not be accepted.
- A film should be submitted to only one category.
- Preview copies must be submitted either in English or with English subtitles.
DEADLINE: 31 May 2020
The program will be finalized in September 2020. Applicants will be notified of the results via email.
In case you have any questions, please write an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.
Feel free to download this PDF and spread the word in your network! Thank you.